Grant funding is available to assist with the costs of adapting their premises in order to meet the Government requirements for Covid-19 physical distancing and safety.
This is a discretionary funding programme which will provide 50% of the business’s expenditure up to a maximum grant of £1,000. Please note the minimum spend you can apply for through this grant is £100. This grant fund operates on a first come first served basis and will close when the budget has been fully committed.
Retailers and service businesses can apply for this grant to support essential planned physical adaptions required to their premises due to COVID-19. The grant will be paid out subject to the required documentation being provided to evidence spend e.g. bank statements and invoices. Cash transactions will not be considered as acceptable payment through this grant fund. Please note a grant approval e-mail must have been received prior to incurring any costs. Retrospective applications will not be considered.
To qualify for this support the business must comply with the eligibility below:
• Businesses must have commercial premises in one of West Dunbartonshire’s Town Centre areas.
• Businesses must have been adversely affected by Covid-19.
• Businesses must have a business bank account.
• Businesses must have been trading before 1 March 2020.
• Businesses must have less than 50 employees.
Conditions of the Grant
• Businesses must clearly demonstrate how their business has been adversely affected by Covid-19 and how the project will comply with Government recommendations for physical distancing and safety.
• Evidence of expenditure must be provided by submitting paid invoices/receipts and bank statements showing payments.
• Any evidence of costs must be dated after the date of your approval e-mail as this grant cannot be awarded retrospectively.
• West Dunbartonshire Council is committed to sharing good practice and promoting examples of service delivery that meet the needs of communities. The Council reserves the right to use details of the project for publicity for the programme and share information with any parties appointed to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of this funding
• The Council may be required to make any application or project proposal for this funding available for public scrutiny under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. The Organisation should make the Council aware of any parts of its application or project proposal, which may prejudice its interest if it were made public.
How to Apply
To receive an application form or to receive additional information, please contact the Business Support team on:
Telephone: 01389-737777 or Email: email@example.com
Details are available online: